Thursday, May 31, 2012

Get Exciiiited!!

Blogging from Alabama tonight!  My first time in Alabama and I get to spend my week at a BEAUTIFUL golf course.  Steelwood Country Club is amazing.  It is a fairly new golf course, cut from the forest, and surrounds a lake.  The clubhouse has the old style and even smells antiquey!  The last couple days we have been driving Steelwood as well as TimberCreek where the qualifier will be held, and marking hazards and out of bounds.  Tomorrow we will be stenciling TimberCreek and painting the million and a half things at Steelwood.

We had about a 6 and a half hour drive from Braselton to Loxley.  I had my first 3-hour shift of driving pulling the trailer.  I took the last leg of the trip and pulled into the golf course.  The course has a narrow entrance that the trailer was getting stuck in.  Curtis decided that he could do it better than me, so he pulled it through the opening.  Needless to say, I wasn't the happiest camper. I'm kind of stubborn when it comes to people telling me I can't do something!  We took a quick drive through the course, unloaded some things out of the trailer and I had another first last night – eating at Mellow Mushroom.  Delicious.  I had a Greek side salad and a “Hey Dude” pizza.  It had a ranch based sauce, chicken, cheddar cheese, jalapeños, and a buffalo sauce!  We finally made our way to Bass Pro Shop – coolest place ever.  It was even more entertaining to see Camille react to it.  Camille, Bruny, Megan, and I played in the toy department with the horses and play guns and hats! We got some pretty sweet pictures!  I’m sure one of them will have them on their blog, but I have got to get those pictures!  

This morning we started around 7:15 and ended around 4pm.  It was so nice to have a short day!  We ate Panera Bread for lunch and Ruby Tuesday for dinner.  A few of us even went to a froyo place that was sort of like Red Mango!  The name of it was Moo Chi Chi which was an inside joke to the owners that meant give me another kiss – love it, so cute.  Tomorrow we are starting at 7am sharp.  Oh!  This hotel has a pancake maker, so I’ll even be able to have a good breakfast again.  
I’ll end with sharing how much I enjoy my team! After a week and a half we have a TON of jokes and funny stories and we rarely stop laughing.  Matt (a tournament coordinator) even kept a tally of my snorts at dinner tonight.  I think it was only five though – which is a very low number.  I think he also appreciated my radio lingo.  I told him we had an all sorts of funky hazard and needed his help – I thought it described it well.  Anyways, my team is great! End of story.

1474 miles so far!
-Kiley



No comments:

Post a Comment